Six-year-old lad ‘nearly died’ after touching ‘toxic’ slime made at school


A MUM says her young son nearly died after playing with toxic slime made by a teacher at his school.

Riley Godfrey, six, had a seizure and spent three days in hospital.

 Riley Godfrey, six, had a seizure and spent three days in hospital - and his mum blames slime made by a teacher at his school
Riley Godfrey, six, had a seizure and spent three days in hospital – his mum blames slime made by a teacher at his school

Mum Amy, 31, said: “I could have lost my son.”

One of Riley’s teachers used an online recipe to make the slime.

It contained  contact lens solution, which helps create its stickiness.

But most solutions use the chemical boron and are toxic in large doses.

The slime was alleged to have contained contact lens solution, which helps create its stickiness, but most products use the chemical boron which is toxic in large doses
Getty – Contributor

The slime was made with contact lens solution containing the chemical boron, which is thought to be toxic in large doses[/caption]

Watchdog Which? has warned that many kids’  slime products  exceed the limit of boron.

Lutton St Nicholas Primary School in Spalding, Lincs, is  probing  and has banned slime. Head Bill Lord said: “We understand how harrowing this has been.” Amy, of Long Sutton, said: “The school has  let us down.”

Don’t try this at home

A schoolgirl suffered bad blisters from playing with homemade slime.

Layla Fisher, ten,  used an online recipe with   glue and toxic contact lens solution.

Doctors diagnosed Layla with chemical burns the next day.

Ten-year-old Layla was left with nasty blisters all over her hands
Mercury Press

Ten-year-old Layla was left with nasty blisters all over her hands[/caption]

Layla used an online recipe with  glue and toxic contact lens solution
Mercury Press

Layla used an online recipe with glue and toxic contact lens solution[/caption]

<div class="sun-row ">
    <div class="col sun-col-6">

        <div class="rail rail--classic  rail--trending theme-news">             <div class="swiper-container">

                <div class="rail__header">

                                        <h3 class="rail__title theme__after-color">MOST READ IN NEWS</h3>



                </div>


                <div class="swiper-pagination theme__swiper-pagination"></div>

                <div class="swiper-wrapper">

NORTY BOY


James Norton eats picnic off tomb after we shame graveyard barbecue party

SCI-FI FEAR 'NOW REAL'


UK faces cyber threats as there are more delays in defence spending

IRA MAN DEFIANT


Hyde Park bombing suspect snubs final chance to accept responsibility

TRANS JAIL FURY


Transgender Labour activist slated for blasting The Sun's sex attack story

CRACK THE CODE


How a burglar can crack your home in SECONDS – and how you can stop them

'I'D DO IT AGAIN'


Homeless thug who robbed Manchester bomb victims would repeat offence

                <div class="swiper-button-prev theme__background-color-rgba-80"></div>
                <div class="swiper-button-next theme__background-color-rgba-80"></div>

            </div><!-- .swiper-container -->
        </div><!-- .rail .{rail} .swiper-video-rail .{theme-slug} -->

    </div><!-- .col .sun-col-6 -->
</div><!-- .sun-row .{row} .rail-video-index-->
</div> <!-- .sun-grid-container .sun-grid-container-{color} -->
<!--googleon: all-->

Mum Gemma Williams, 39, of Oadby, Leics, said: “We were shocked. It could have been fatal. She won’t be touching that stuff again.”

Layla said: “I don’t want it to happen to anyone, it’s toxic.”

Home made slime in Layla Fishers instructional video
Mercury Press

Some of Layla’s homemade slime[/caption]

Earlier this week a Which? investigation warned eight out of 11 shop-bought slime toys contained dangerous levels of borax
Earlier this week a Which? investigation warned eight out of 11 shop-bought slime toys contained dangerous levels of borax




Source link
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

104total visits,1visits today

Leave a Reply