Man, 50, dies after years of snorting cocaine ROTS his throat away


A MAN died after years of snorting cocaine caused his throat to “turn black” and rot away.

The 50-year-old man was taken to hospital after he began to vomit blood and lost consciousness.

The man snorted so much cocaine he rotted his throat
The man snorted so much cocaine he rotted his throat
Getty – Contributor

He had been vomited blood three times in six hours before being taken to A&E at Abington Hospital in the US.

The man, who also had a history of alcohol abuse, fatty liver disease and heart disease, had also had “multiple episodes” of vomiting prior to his hospital visit.

Upon arriving at A&E the man was “in distress, lethargic and pale”, he had high blood pressure and tenderness in his abdomen.

A friend who brought him in admitted “the patient regularly used cocaine and the current episode of vomiting and haematemesis [vomiting blood] started after cocaine use”, according to the BMJ case report.

The man's throat turned black from the rotting flesh
The man’s throat turned black from the rotting flesh
BMJ
A normal oesophagus should look pink and clear on scans
A normal oesophagus should look pink and clear on scans
Alamy

“The patient would also drink four to five cans of beer per day,” the report added.

The patients throat was black and he was diagnosed with acute oesophageal necrosis (AON) – rotting flesh in his throat.

The rare condition usually only affects 0.2 per cent of patients and can be caused by “topical chemical injury”.

Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, chest pain and loss of consciousness

The man was resuscitated and placed on intravenous fluids.

One of the more common side affects of cocaine abuse is a rotten septum - something Danniella Westbrook suffered with after years of battling addiction to the drug
One of the more common side affects of cocaine abuse is a rotten septum – something Danniella Westbrook suffered with after years of battling addiction to the drug
David Abiaw

He was also given two blood transfusions and intravenous proton-pump inhibitors to manage his acid reflux to treat his rotting throat.

The man was placed in intensive care and monitored frequently but his mental responses deteriorated rapidly and he died 12 hours later.

It is believed to be the fourth case of acute oesophageal necrosis due to cocaine use worldwide, according to Dr Waqas Ullah who treated the man.

Cocaine abuse is commonly associated with a deviated septum – the rotting of the cartilage between the nostrils.

<div class="sun-row ">
    <div class="col sun-col-6">

        <div class="rail rail--classic  rail--trending theme-news">             <div class="swiper-container">

                <div class="rail__header">

                                        <h3 class="rail__title theme__after-color">MORE CASE REPORTS</h3>



                </div>


                <div class="swiper-pagination theme__swiper-pagination"></div>

                <div class="swiper-wrapper">

SPINE TINGLING


Woman discovers tingling feeling in legs is PARASITES wriggling in spine

TESTING TIMES


Man couldn't walk after both balls swell to 30cm and his penis disappears

GUT FEELING


Man, 57, loses feeling in his legs after TWO LITRE poo 'cuts off blood flow'

CREEPY CRAWLY


Itchy lump on woman's face is actually parasitic worm CRAWLING under her skin

OH MY!


Mysterious wound in man's mouth is from performing 'too much oral sex'

EYE-WATERING


Man has 6-inch shower head removed from bum after 'slipping' in the bathroom

WHEN A KISS COULD KILL


Tot left covered in angry rash after catching herpes from her DAD

‘11 OUT OF 10 PAIN’


Man's penis ruptured after he heard 'popping' sound during sex

UNDER PRESSURE


Snake bites left 2 men in agony as their muscles 'BLEW UP' from the inside

SCAN-BELIEVABLE


Shocking X-rays show woman's bones 'DISAPPEARING before her doctors' eyes'

DEATH BY PAINT


Toddler killed by lead poisoning after eating flakes of paint-covered wood

EYES AND FEARS


Grisly footage captures moment worm wriggled out of a woman's EYE

                <div class="swiper-button-prev theme__background-color-rgba-80"></div>
                <div class="swiper-button-next theme__background-color-rgba-80"></div>

            </div><!-- .swiper-container -->
        </div><!-- .rail .{rail} .swiper-video-rail .{theme-slug} -->

    </div><!-- .col .sun-col-6 -->
</div><!-- .sun-row .{row} .rail-video-index-->
</div> <!-- .sun-grid-container .sun-grid-container-{color} -->
<!--googleon: all-->

EastEnders actress Danniella Westbrook became one of the most famous cases of cocaine abuse after photos revealed the drug had caused her septum to rot.

After walking on to Albert Square as Sam Mitchell for the first time in 1990, aged 16, Danniella was axed six years later over her drug problems.

She returned in 1999 but was sacked again in January 2000. The troubled actress was later pictured at the British Soap Awards with her septum missing.

She once admitted her cocaine habit was costing her £1,000 a week and that she had spent around £250,000 in total fuelling her addiction.


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours


 


Source link
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

82total visits,1visits today

Leave a Reply